CCleaner Deletes Website Info

EKuan

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,

I started using CCleaner for the first time and I have a little annoyance that occurred. I used to be able to go into certain websites and I would already be logged on such as Hotmail, Facebook, etc. After using CCleaner, I now have reenter my username and passwords. I never save my passwords in Firefox, but these certain sites allowed me to be logged in already, which I liked because I am the only one who uses my computer. Is there a setting to allow CCleaner to clean everything, but not erase all the log on information to certain sites? Thanks.

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hi there,
That is what CCleaner does. Deletes browser "cookies" which logs you out of everything and sometimes requires re-filling in the information. You can prevent this from happening again by unticking the "cookies" box under the application settings in CCleaner for firefox
Hope this helps ;)

EKuan

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
That is what I wanted to know. It would be nice to have cookies cleaned up with the closing of the browser each time, but also be able to keep certain websites logged in. If this is possible I would be interested in knowing how to do so. I guess I have to figure out what is more important: having cookies cleaned up and live through the little annoyance of having to log into every site, or manual clean cookies every now and again so that I don't need to log in every time I go to a site. What is the harm of keeping cookies stored? Does this make it easier for companies to track me and they take up space on the HD? Simple questions, but I appreciate the help.

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
The more cookies you have the slower the browser will run, just like extensions on chrome ...
I highly doubt it makes it easier for companies to track you. I don't know where you got that from :/