Status
Not open for further replies.

Googlrman123

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Just yesterday I got an email from my ISP regarding a botnet being placed on my network via my static IP. The router and modem have also been used to gain access to my network and my CCTV cameras were to be the victims. I've been locked out of my CCTV control center (DVR) but I still have access to the internet and I am able to get into the router and modem via logins. I do not have an IT person to fix this. I honestly do not know what I need to do. I've got more information if you need it and would like to help me.

Solution
YOu need to research how to factory default/hard reset the router back to factory defaults; (typically a recessed/hard to reach switch on back of router) do so with it not connected to the internet, using a wired connection, *from a PC known to be uninfected*...; set a secure password of 16 characters if possible....

Disconnect all cams and router for cams, and do the same.....(check manufacture for how to do hard reset to defaults of CCTV router...if you give me the name/model number, I'll do it for you, and send you a link...

Is this hack a result of default passwords on assorted routers, just out of curiosity?

Be very untrusting of any/all emails allegedly sent from an ISP, by the way...especially if they are asking you to set a...

mdd1963

Distinguished
YOu need to research how to factory default/hard reset the router back to factory defaults; (typically a recessed/hard to reach switch on back of router) do so with it not connected to the internet, using a wired connection, *from a PC known to be uninfected*...; set a secure password of 16 characters if possible....

Disconnect all cams and router for cams, and do the same.....(check manufacture for how to do hard reset to defaults of CCTV router...if you give me the name/model number, I'll do it for you, and send you a link...

Is this hack a result of default passwords on assorted routers, just out of curiosity?

Be very untrusting of any/all emails allegedly sent from an ISP, by the way...especially if they are asking you to set a new password for anything via a link they sent you....

ALways safe to assume every email is suspect these days....

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.