CDs with mp3 files and/or WAV files won't play on Bose system??

May 20, 2018
I'm using CD-RWs and burned mp3 files or WAV files onto them. Will play on some systems (e.g., Yamaha) but not on either of my two Bose systems. Am I using the wrong CDs? What settings best?

Solution
D
What Bose system? How old is it and does it say that it should play MP3 disks?
D

Deleted member 217926

What Bose system? How old is it and does it say that it should play MP3 disks?

Solution
May 20, 2018

I'm using HP CD-RW discs that are supposed to be for multi media, including audio. Can you suggest a type of CD (including brand) that I should try instead?

D

Deleted member 217926

There are CD-R, CD+R and CD-RW disks. Generally CD-R disks are the most compatible and CD-RW are the least compatible. I'd get a small pack of name brand CD-R disks and try them to see if that solves your problem. Sony, Memorex, Verbatim, Philips etc.

Edit: I might be crazy and the +R might only be with writeable DVDs. That being said CD-R will still be compatible with more devices than CD-RW.

May 20, 2018

Thanks. Good tip. I'll try CD-R discs. Only reason I would use RW is in case I make a mistake in burning the disc. I'm not going to want to erase the discs as they are from concerts I've sung in.

D

Deleted member 217926

If it's something you'll want to keep forever make sure to have multiple copies. Burnable CDs can have a pretty short lifespan, even the name brand ones. The dye in them goes bad over time and the copies degrade in quality until they are unusable. They might only last 10 years or even less.

The good news is CD-Rs are pretty cheap so even if there are fails it's easy to throw a bad one away and do it again.

May 20, 2018

Again, thanks for your help. I'll make backup copies.