Solved! ceiling speakers setup

mrdoc

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
II just moved in a new house that has ceiling speakers. I do not see any wall plate for input. Only the wires as shown in picture, with labels for which speaker they belong to. What would I need to set them up?
I will appreciate input.
Photo

Solution
You don't mention if all the speakers are in the same room or not?
Since you seem to have 3 two conductor wires that could be for three speakers (perhaps left/center/right front speakers) and a single 4 conductor cable that could be for 2 surround sound speakers. If this is the case then you need a surround sound receiver to connect the speakers, TV, and sources together. Add a powered subwoofer too.
If the speakers are in different rooms then it will depend on how much flexibility you need.
You can connect a Sono Amp or Denon Heos Amp for each room. Control would be via app and would provide excellent audio streaming. You can control volume and content for each room.
You could connect a single Amp (or stereo receiver) to an impedance...
You don't mention if all the speakers are in the same room or not?
Since you seem to have 3 two conductor wires that could be for three speakers (perhaps left/center/right front speakers) and a single 4 conductor cable that could be for 2 surround sound speakers. If this is the case then you need a surround sound receiver to connect the speakers, TV, and sources together. Add a powered subwoofer too.
If the speakers are in different rooms then it will depend on how much flexibility you need.
You can connect a Sono Amp or Denon Heos Amp for each room. Control would be via app and would provide excellent audio streaming. You can control volume and content for each room.
You could connect a single Amp (or stereo receiver) to an impedance matching speaker selector with or without individual volume control for each pair of speakers. You would only be able to listen to one source throughout the house and control overall volume remotely.

Solution

mrdoc

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Than you for the response.

The wires are labelled "front right" "front left", "rears" and shelf unit. In the room, I see 2 speakers on the front wall, and 2 in the ceiling at the back of the room.
What sort of (entry level) receiver would I need? Should it be a 3.1, 5.1, 7.1?
Also, what should I look for in a receiver?
(please pardon me, I am {very} novice in this field.
Thanks