Cell phone downgrade ?

Triton-00

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
So i have an lg vortex, and the 'smart phone' monthly plan is killing me ~$75, and I'm looking at downgrading to a phone that doesn't require a data plan but don't want a piece of crap.

I'd like to get a phone with a physical QWERTY keyboard and a touch screen that doesn't require a data plan, and I'd like to spend under $200.

I've looked at a phone such as the LG dare, and that's a phone that I would like but it doesn't have the QWERTY Keyboard.

Solution
i own an htc incredible, my last phone was the lg dare.

the lg dare is not a smartphone, just a normal phone with a touch screen. this means that there are no real "apps" for it. just a few things like verizon navigation, etc.

overall the phone was reliable for the time i had it. even though it didnt have a physical keyboard typing on it via the osk was a breeze. the only trouble is that (as with ALL batteries) they start going after a few years.

---

before that i had an enV. not sure if they still make them but it had a physical keyboard. however even with the keyboard it still wasn't as good as the dare. many many little issues. such as speakerphone only when the phone was open!
i own an htc incredible, my last phone was the lg dare.

the lg dare is not a smartphone, just a normal phone with a touch screen. this means that there are no real "apps" for it. just a few things like verizon navigation, etc.

overall the phone was reliable for the time i had it. even though it didnt have a physical keyboard typing on it via the osk was a breeze. the only trouble is that (as with ALL batteries) they start going after a few years.

---

before that i had an enV. not sure if they still make them but it had a physical keyboard. however even with the keyboard it still wasn't as good as the dare. many many little issues. such as speakerphone only when the phone was open!

Solution

CompTIA_Rep

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Keep in mind that verizon charges you extra for a smarter dumb phone and data adds up quickly. So look into that before switching. The charge is like $10 bucks plus data at stupid prices.

i'm not sure what current pricing is like but when i used the dare the internet was completely optional. i was getting by on $40/mo for 450 anytime minutes and 100 texts. the data plan for the dare was only $10/mo for unlimited compared with $30 for my new android.

so yes, check to see if they require a data plan but i'm not thinking so.

TRENDING THREADS