Cell Phone Use Believed To Reduce Male Fertility

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
Meh, I'll go have a look at the paper they published. If it's in a reputable journal and the paper doesn't read like bullshit, then maybe I'll believe there is some correlation.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Electromagnetic waves- that's a bit broad. X rays, gamma rays, radio waves, microwaves, UV, and light are all quite different from each other, so it would be nice for them to specify. I believe some people do go crazy with their phones, but to say phones go as far as decreasing fertility is a bit unbelieveable.

G

It's official. Too much talking to your girlfriend/wife will make you sterile :)))

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]Good. I don nee be gettin no bitches preggers.[/citation]
Increased testosterone also makes you go bald faster, for some that probably isn't too much of a problem. Still might reconsider carrying my cell phone through school all day long.

CsG_kieran_2

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I doubt it does reduce anything.
TV's and radios have used Radio waves for years now and am still fine.
Although phones do produce radiation, could never be enough to harm. Wouldn't be any more than background radiation.

therandomuser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
I call bull on anyone who thinks that all electromagnetic waves are dangerous. My general rule of thumb: if it's above the Visual or nearing that sweet spot for microwaves, don't use it as often as you would as it gets higher or closer to the sweet spot. Besides, if all EM waves are bad, then shouldn't we be frying as light hits us all the time. And as CsG_kieran_2 said, TVs' and radios' have been using a radio waves for so long. WHY DID THE BABY BOOM HAPPEN THEN!?!

I used to know a highschool teacher who thought that all waves are dangerous. She wouldn't even use a microwave or use the school WiFi. She thought it would fry her brains(she thinks phones run on MICRO not RADIOwaves...) and give people leg cancer (that is using a laptop). Paranoia/ignorance much? I can understand sperm quality degradation with the heat of a laptop on a guy's baby mix. BUT RADIOWAVES!?!

slothy89

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Whilst I speculate on exactly how much phone use is enough to have noticeable and lasting effects, probably a very big amount, in hours per day. People are missing the point of this article. It's not having the phone in ur pocket frying your seed, it's holding the phone to your ear effecting your brain. So for those who make less than 1hr of calls a week, I think ur safe. It's those who blab on the phone 24/7 that are going to notice.

G

Not sure if therandomuser is trolling or not but electromagnetic waves can be very deadly. It's not the type of wave that causes the damage its the intensity of the wave. A microwave ray can be just as damaging as a x-ray it just requires a much higher intensity. When you get a 5 second x-ray at the dentist it doesn't kill you. A 5 second burst of microwave radiation from your microwave oven probably wouldn't kill you either but it would hurt like hell.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Everything can "shown" to cause everything these days, but cell phones have been associated with these things, sterility and cancer, a bit too much for me to feel comfortable around them. Even if not true, I will be suspicious of it.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
You know that all transmitting electronic devices has a radiation level rating hidden in the accompanying booklets. It gives a minimum range guidance as well. For something that goes right against your head, you really should be more cautious. Even if cell phones are lower emitting devices, the way microwave transfer energy causes damage in specific concentrated areas, like how food in the microwave comes out hot and cold. True there's no study on high volume use of cellular devices, but we have to remember cell phones were quite rare until 10 years ago. I would take this as a verdict is still out situation.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Amazing that everyone including myself have a mobile and yet so little is known about all its hazardous effects, what about if it causes severe damages due to long time exposure in ways the current made "tests" haven't consieved. The humanrace is really stupid and lazy!

I have solutions! TINFOIL AROUND BALLS

badge and I are working on a solution using baby armadillos (a pair) with fur seal lined insides and alfoil coating around the outside.

These will be available in all sizes - Woody Allen through to Arnold ...

We are waiting EPA, FDA and FCC approval.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.