Cell Phones Cause Rotting Brains... Again

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]lvlouro[/nom]Even then you'll get cancerYou joke but breathing can potentially cause cancer since oxygen is in fact a producer of free radicals that can mutate DNA hence causing cancer[/citation]

Not only that but I heard that 100% of people who have cancer breath. No joke. 100%. Therefore we MUST outlaw breathing.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
You can tell immediately where these researchers are coming from when they make statements like, "It's too soon to tell, we need more money to study the problem." We hear this crap a lot, anymore. It amounts to nothing more than welfare for over-educated academics who can't get real jobs in industry.

Enough of this crap already! We should be denying research grants for nonsense like this. Let these people apply for grants from private companies. If their ideas have merit, then there will be money to be made and companies will invest in research. Otherwise, these "scientists" may need to go out and get real jobs for a change.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]RooD[/nom]I sometimes feel my phone vibrate in my pocket... when it is on the charger, and it vibrates right where the phone rests on my leg.[/citation]
That is really funny you say that cause I swear the same thing happens to me too. I was also gonna mention, call me friggin crazy,I happen to be very in-tune with my body but when the power goes out I feel a sense of relief! It is almost like our bodies are being stressed from the radio waves being sent through the air? I think it makes perfect sense. That shit isn't supposed to be there anyway.

burntham77

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
The Cookie Monster picture is perfect for this article. It's the googly eyes! Cell phones must cause brain rot due to all the rediculous blue tooth headsets I see people wearing. STOP THAT! Just stop it.

CaptainObvious

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]I'm more worried if it explodes, well at least if it is an iPhone.[/citation]
I've been "tumor-free" since 1985. ;-)

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
And yet, if I give up red meat, stop using cell phones and other electronics, work out every day, get enough sleep, keep my stress down, eat only organic food, yadda yadda... I can still get hit by a speeding car and die in an instant.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Um, that's why you use bluetooth or regular headset instead of stuffing that cellphone or iPhone (which might actually scramble your brain) right to your ear.

G

LOL!!!
It amazes me that no one has even looked up the SAR of cellphones. In the United States, there are laws in place that limit the maximum SAR a cellphone can generate in normal operating condition. Yeah, other countries may be sweet and cocky with their cool multimedia phones but their SAR is through the roof, some being 3 times the level allowed in the US. I don't believe these 'scientific' claims, and jellico hit it right on the money. Yeah, this type of radiation can cause damage, the type of damage however is too large of a scale. It would be the equivalent of saying taking a hammer to a geared wristwatch causes the same type of damage as submersing it in water. Both can cause the wrist watch to stop functioning. One works by affecting the components (radiation in the UV spectrum and up, which electro is definitely not in that category) and any other type of radiation (depending on how much power is behind it any of these wavelengths can cause large scale damage, and that damage cannot act on that tiny piece of DNA WITHOUT damaging all the DNA around it, essentially destroying the entire cell).

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Of course that radiation can give you cancer if you're glued to your phone 24/7, unless you have an iPhone of course. You'll get blown up well before that :D.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
That thumbs up or down crap has GOT to go. How about some FEEDBACK on why you don't like my comment rather just sayin, NOPE! DONT LIKE IT! F@#$ that CRAP! It is RETAAAARDED. TOMS! CHANGE IT!

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Cell phones don't emit ionizing radiation, the wavelengths are too large to cause cell mutation. Now direct warming from the RF, that is a different story...

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]charlesxuma[/nom]#CELL PHONES GIVE YOU CANCER#COMPUTER GAMES MAKE YOU STUPID#SEX GIVES YOU AIDS.........WHATS YOUR POINT EXACTLY ?[/citation]

Computer games make you stupid?... DUMBASS, do some research. Its exactly the opposite:p

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
any idiot can tell that holding a device like a cell phone right up against your skull frequently will have some adverse effects on your health...

thats why i dont own one

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]Yeah, trade off brain cancer for lung cancer and a jail sentence if you are caught holding; that is extremely fucking intelligent. Of course, I doubt the mice in that study were toking on a bong, since researchers would probably figure that trading one cancer for another would not be worth the effort.It is just a chemical found in marijuana that might kill off cancer cells.[/citation] That made no sense.

G

There is no "University of Finland". At least not in Finland. Which made me google the guy and according to other reports of the same news he appears to be working for the STUK-Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority. How did Tom's Guide come up with "University of Finland". Feeling lazy, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.