Question Change Roku IP Address?

Feb 24, 2019
I cannot get my Roku app to connect to the Roku. Checked numerous times and roku is on my home network, as is my phone. Roku IP adress is 192.168.8.109. I found a forum post that recommends setting it to 192.168.0.xxx. I have no experience with IP addresses. Anyone know if chaniging IP is something worth trying? If so, how to change or a good tutorial. I have been looking on and off for months and perhaps I'm too dense to understand what I've read. I have a Medialink router whose IP address is 192.168.8.1.
If changing IP IS a good idea, a description or link would be appreciated.

hang-the-9

Titan
The IP address you get should be coming from your Router, if you change the IP to 0 from 8, and the router address is 8, the Roku won't be able to connect to the internet or any device on your network. Did you try doing a factory reset on it and starting over with connecting it to the network?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
winston89 Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1