Solved! Charger unplug and plug automatically in windows when it's on !?

Apr 3, 2018
Hey guys you good ? I have a problem I can't understand , it's been 2 weeks since I faced this , charger's connected to my laptop so when I look in windows I see it plugged and fine but sometimes it unplugs then plugs automatically so I said lemme take a look at the lamp in my laptop which says charger's on to make sure it's not the charger's problem but I see it lighted up which means charger's working and on but in windows I see it as it's unpluged so every time I open my laptop charge gets unpluged and plug automatically despite the lamp remains lighted and after a while problem gets fixed with itself . Can you tell me what's going on ? is this from windows or charger or what ?

Hey omar. This kind of issue tends to be with wiring in the charger's cable, usually right around the strain relief by the barrel (the end of the cable near the connector for the laptop). The adapter itself (the brick) might be good, but you may have to replace it unless you can confirm and fix the wiring.

Otherwise it could be the DC jack or the circuit on the motherboard.

Hey omar. This kind of issue tends to be with wiring in the charger's cable, usually right around the strain relief by the barrel (the end of the cable near the connector for the laptop). The adapter itself (the brick) might be good, but you may have to replace it unless you can confirm and fix the wiring.

Otherwise it could be the DC jack or the circuit on the motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 0
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 6
W Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1