Solved! Charging port is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2021
Laptop Asus rog strix g531gt .is not charging . I visited Asus service center and they told me there is problem in charging port and mother board need to be change. But i am confused laptop is working fine sometimes it charge when i hold charger at particular position. So why they need to chnage whole mother boar?

Solution
Sometimes the connector on the motherboard goes bad. They can be difficult to change but the service center generally does not repair motherboards--they just replace it for any problem. You may be able to find an independent repair shop that will change just the connector. Whether that will cost less, I can's say.

If you have ASUS repair it, make sure to backup everything. Sometimes, the laptop comes back with a new drive and your data is gone.
Sometimes the connector on the motherboard goes bad. They can be difficult to change but the service center generally does not repair motherboards--they just replace it for any problem. You may be able to find an independent repair shop that will change just the connector. Whether that will cost less, I can's say.

If you have ASUS repair it, make sure to backup everything. Sometimes, the laptop comes back with a new drive and your data is gone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.