Check media fail (no bootable device) is what my laptop is showing for a toshiba satellite L85OD windows 8 can I copy windows

Kiim

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Check media fail (no bootable device) is what my laptop is showing for a toshiba satellite L85OD windows 8 can I copy windows from friends laptop onto EX HDD and try reinstall on my toshiba?
Will that work??
Please help
Kiim

Solution
Have you read the manual that came with the laptop.
Look through it till you get to the section where it says factory restore procedure.

You have a hidden part of the hard drive that holds an image of windows 8 when things go wrong.

The factory restore mode uses this.
To re install your version of windows.

It`s a shame because most people just toss the manual to one side, that is half the problem. Always read the manual it`s there for a reason.

If you had read it you would of known what to do to recover the drive.
And re install your version of windows on the laptop again.

Manual=Read.

The message it`s self point to two things, the hard drive has failed.
Or in some way the boot able partition of the drive/ with windows 8 on it...

Kiim

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

Oh ok cool thanks for that could you point me where I can if can download the disk with ease?

Shaun o

Distinguished
Have you read the manual that came with the laptop.
Look through it till you get to the section where it says factory restore procedure.

You have a hidden part of the hard drive that holds an image of windows 8 when things go wrong.

The factory restore mode uses this.
To re install your version of windows.

It`s a shame because most people just toss the manual to one side, that is half the problem. Always read the manual it`s there for a reason.

If you had read it you would of known what to do to recover the drive.
And re install your version of windows on the laptop again.

Manual=Read.

The message it`s self point to two things, the hard drive has failed.
Or in some way the boot able partition of the drive/ with windows 8 on it has become corrupted. F.Y.I

Solution