Chinese Couple Sell Baby to Buy Cell Phone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]LOL, I love how stupid people are the same the world over.They read a baby selling story in China and they think all Chinese sell their babies. They read a wife beating story in Ireland and they think all Irish beat their wife. They read a man, machine love story in Japan and think all Japanese are electrophile and all British bas bad teeth.[/citation]
It's not about reading ONE article, it's like it's ALL of them articles that make us think china sucks

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
While this is terrible, I don't think we're getting the full story and the couple may actually be victims to the buyer. He's the one that that wanted to sell the kid on like a commodity after buying it. The couple may have been coerced somehow.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
[citation][nom]deejor[/nom]Different world man. I don't think any of us can really comprehend it fully. Not to condone the activity, but when's the last time you heard about someone leaving a baby in a dumpster here in the US? And for every time you've heard about it you can bet there are 10 more that you didn't.People do some effed up things to kids.Do you think that a Chinese person reading about all of the horrible [/citation]

I have a number of Chinese coworkers (both from Taiwan and the mainland) and they're decent people. China is different but it's all the same in the end... people can do horrible things.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]D_Kuhn[/nom]I have a number of Chinese coworkers (both from Taiwan and the mainland) and they're decent people. China is different but it's all the same in the end... people can do horrible things.[/citation]
I'd like to hear more about it. What could possibly compensate for all the horrible things we read here about china (like this article and those about censorship, etc)

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Jerther[/nom]It's not about reading ONE article, it's like it's ALL of them articles that make us think china sucks[/citation]

what about the dumpster X baby incident? Oh yeah last year there were couple of babies left at the park in NYC ?

and the girl that got locked up for how many years as sex slave?

That makes America sucks? does it ?

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Jerther[/nom]I'd like to hear more about it. What could possibly compensate for all the horrible things we read here about china (like this article and those about censorship, etc)[/citation]

So more baby in dumpsters?

and hey, stop bitching about censorship when your o-beloved US government can tap your calls without a warrant rofl.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]LOL, I love how stupid people are the same the world over.They read a baby selling story in China and they think all Chinese sell their babies. They read a wife beating story in Ireland and they think all Irish beat their wife. They read a man, machine love story in Japan and think all Japanese are electrophile and all British bas bad teeth.BTW, I also love how stupid online reporters are the same the world over. They all work for tabloid without knowing it.[/citation]

Welcome to America.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]LOL, I love how stupid people are the same the world over.They read a baby selling story in China and they think all Chinese sell their babies. They read a wife beating story in Ireland and they think all Irish beat their wife. They read a man, machine love story in Japan and think all Japanese are electrophile and all British bas bad teeth.BTW, I also love how stupid online reporters are the same the world over. They all work for tabloid without knowing it.[/citation]

That may all be true but all of that pales in comparison as to what the rest of the world think of Americans!!

G

@ RobertKing

When I read the article my first thought was: "At least the guy who bought it wants to sell it back to the parents." I remember reading an article about blackmarket dishes. The most expensive? Human fetus Soup. Origin: China. Look up Chinese Ribs, that's what the underground call it... it's sickening, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in any other countries :-\

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]So more baby in dumpsters? and hey, stop bitching about censorship when your o-beloved US government can tap your calls without a warrant rofl.[/citation]
first off, I'm not an american. Just so you know.
Second, here, I have more than just BAD news about what's happening here. That IS my point.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerther[/nom]The more I read about people in China on this news site, the more I think chinese people are just objects that you can leave behind in a bus without remorse.I can't believe that image of china. I'd like to read some good news about china too! I mean, overall it can't be that bad, right?[/citation]

You don't see "happy" news, only shocking or negative news.

ayshu

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Here is a touching article for you to read to lighten you day, the story came from the same city( ChongQing, China ).
http://www.funtouristattractions.com/blog/11/touching-love-story-from-chongqing-china/

As an American of Chinese descendant, I find your comments offensive. It seems you deny the humanity of an entire race just because you read a few negative reports. Don't you know the good news were often "censored" by the media because public enjoy bad news and controversy more than "boring" old happy news?

ayshu

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerther[/nom]I'd like to hear more about it. What could possibly compensate for all the horrible things we read here about china (like this article and those about censorship, etc)[/citation]

He said Chinese, so that include Republic of China( aka taiwan ).

Status
Not open for further replies.