Chinese Couple Sell Baby to Buy Cell Phone

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluescreendeath

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Screw the fork.What's so bad about chop sticks? Takes only a minute to learn how to use them, and they are superior for eating noodle based foods...I hate you! I'm not offended (Canadian), but my chest is sore, and laughing hurts right now...[/citation]
The foods you've been eating - such as chop suey, orange chicken and general Tsao's chicken were invented in the west coast/California. No sane person in East Asia would eat those dishes...way too much grease and corn syrup

voidvoice

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I think they are smarter than American who dump their baby in dumpter.. at least the baby no dead and they get a cell phone!

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Why the fuck does this make news?

This happens all the fucking time in undeveloped countries.

You people are so stupid.

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
are they are going to have to keep making and selling babies in order to pay for the 3 year service plan they are locked in for?

G

China sucks? Because NO ONE in America has EVER done something horrible like this, oh, I don't know, for drugs, or even just killed their baby because they didn't want the responsibility? Cmon people. I'm an American. I live in China. Don't drag the rest of us into your idiocy. The reality is (that this story probably doesn't go into) is that often, this is simply how 'adoptions' work in China. Maybe these people were awful, and I certainly don't think they deserve to raise this child, but please use some common sense. It doesn't mean that they sold the baby in order TO buy a cell phone necessarily. With only one child allowed, a lot of people that can't have kids adopt this way. If they were in it for profit purely, they could have gotten a lot more than 2500 RMB...

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]dingumf[/nom]Why the fuck does this make news?This happens all the fucking time in undeveloped countries.You people are so stupid.[/citation]

ahh that hurt man, why you gotta be racist?
just cuz i'm black

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
wow why's so many comments about the usa, you people think your countries are so much better when you have the same problems that we have? pathetic. I bet a lot of this is coming from arrogant Brits whom don't want to let the world know that they have rednecks in the UK as well as other problems. Oh and do I forget that John Lydon got his throat slit while living in the UK just for singing punk rock songs? And you people are suppose to be ohhh so much better than we are. At least we have freedom of speech and don't have to worry about some pompus a-hole cutting our throat for singing some silly song. where do you think all this comes from? white people aren't from the north american continent, they're actually from where you are from. Plus Chinese now, they make up most of the world's population. There is bound to be mistakes. I don't look down on the ENTIRE chinese culture just because of two individuals. And I do believe that they are truely remorseful so we can move on from it. Any decent human being would be remorseful and this couple is.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Plus on top of the american sex slave story... we saw the story about the sex slave in Germany and it looks like everyone forgot about that because Europe is supposedly better than the usa.... get real.

G

Remember this quote from Juno?

Juno MacGuff: You should’ve gone to China, you know, ’cause I hear they give away babies like free iPods. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events.

G

I spend upwards of six months a year working overseas in China...

I know no one wants to hear this but the TRUTH is that China is a primitive near 3rd world country and that it is populated primarily by primitive uneducated people. The majority of the population live in an extreme poverty the likes of which most of us from more developed nations can't even conceive of. The air is thick and brown with pollution, it is loud and dirty and there is no escape. This is a country that had to shut down most it's coal burning power plants during the Olympics to stop the massive air pollution from being the single biggest story of the event and their government didn't care about leaving millions their own citizens without electricity to save face! People look at TV and think all of China is developed like Beijing. It isn't. And, even if it were you wouldn't want to live there. Hate to break it to all you sensitive folks but the children in China who get sold to people who can afford to raise them are the lucky ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.