Chinese Writers Accuse Apple of Being an Online Book Pirate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
It's apple's time now to be on the spotlight. Every move you make, every step you take, we'll be watching you. And then suing you.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Yet the American government wants that file uploading sites and ISPs track down every instance of possible theft.[/citation]

wrong, mpaa and such want that, government is just in their pocket.

im willing to bet that if pirates payed more than the mpaa does, we could get our flag changed to a legitimate pirate flag.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom]Cry me a fucking RiverHow many Windows PC you have with out a real Key Code ?[/citation]
I think he was talking about Chinese people with real key codes, not us here at Tom's.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]wrong, mpaa and such want that, government is just in their pocket. im willing to bet that if pirates payed more than the mpaa does, we could get our flag changed to a legitimate pirate flag.[/citation]
Hence why they want that.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]Now why would the Chinese, need counterfeit stores to create jobs, when most every thing you buy now is made in china.[/citation]

That is a good point. Why would they, it was on the news recently as well as on several websites that there where actual counterfeit Apple stores that look almost exactly like the real thing selling counterfeit Apple products and the employees actually thought that they where working for Apple. They originally said that it would effect jobs but based on more recent events they made some progress on getting that resolved.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/21/us-china-apple-fake-idUSTRE76K1SU20110721

Just saw that more recently Chinese authorities found 22 fake stores in one city alone and that they are sending them notifications and have already shut down several of them. 22 in one City is significant though. Wonder what that number would be like if it was all cities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14503724

This stuff is not hard to find on Google.

G

So wait a minute, now selling somebody else's work is piracy? I was under the impression that sharing without making profit was piracy...?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
As my dad (born in China) puts it, "The Chinese government is in the Gilded Age. It's members are more occupied getting power and money than actually doing their job."

Status
Not open for further replies.