Choosing between two laptops: ASUS N550JK or Lenovo Y50-70?

DoctahWong

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Hello everyone!

So, I need some opinions on these two laptops that caught my eye:
The Lenovo Y50 and the ASUS N550JK.
Specs for them in the sites I plan to buy 'em from:
Lenovo Y50
ASUS N550JK
They're both the same price too! (AED4999; USD1361)

I plan to use one of the two for multimedia tasking and gaming plus schoolwork. I can't really make a choice so I need some opinions, pros and cons, and a conclusion on what I should get.
Based on what I can tell, it looks like the Y50 is much more superior to the ASUS and I mostly prefer ASUS over Lenovo's(I love both brands though). However, the ASUS is known to have a better build quality and overall better customer support(based on the customers) but the same can be said for Lenovo.
And I DO have some quirks with the laptops based on same videos I watched of each; The Lenovo has no internal optical disc drive but comes with an external drive(which kind of bugs me since I tend to buy physical copies of games and I have a habit of being satisfied by fitting it in the integrated drive) and it tends to flex while pressing the keys on the keyboard while the ASUS is known to have some heating issues and can run the games on med-high settings(due to it being a slight downgrade to the Lenovo, with an i7 4700HQ and GTX850GB but it has a better RAM capacity with 16GB) but I'm no professional. I also dislike the aluminum keys on the ASUS so that's another quirk I have with it.

So, can someone give me a detailed explanation of the pros and cons and conclude me on what is the better product? I'd appreciate it!

Thank you for reading. :)

The advantage that the lenovo has is the stronger gpu which is the most important thing while gaming, better storage system as it is a hybrid drive compared with the traditional hard drive which should make loading games quicker as you play them, and the stronger cpu.

The asus on the other hand has the advantage of more ram and better optical drive.

Now if you need gpu power then the lenovo wins as it has the better gpu. If however you don't need to run games at the highest, then the asus is a better deal as they have better cooling than lenovo.