Question Choosing gpu chip replacement for my laptop dead gpu

Dec 30, 2021
I have an hp 8570p with a dead amd 7570m gpu and im currently looking for a replacement chip for it
While i found some seller that sell the chips for cheap online im not sure if those chips are the correct chip
This is the chip in my laptop

https://ibb.co/gSTJYDQ

And this is the one i found on an online seller

https://ibb.co/hHLrchT

I found it by googling the bottom code, but im not sure if the chip are the same

Dec 30, 2021
This is not something that you can just swap in/out of a typical laptop. The GPU is soldered to the motherboard, and not user replaceable. Sorry.

I know i cant do it myself but the service are available, have you ever heard of reballing gpu
It's basically that but rather than desoldering the old gpu and changing the solder ball
I want to just straight up replace the old gpu

This is something thats pretty common in the main cities in my country but i live on a small island and my local repair shop don't want the hassle of sourcing the chip thats why im currently trying to make sure that the chip that im going to buy online is the appropriate chip

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I know i cant do it myself but the service are available, have you ever heard of reballing gpu
It's basically that but rather than desoldering the old gpu and changing the solder ball
I want to just straight up replace the old gpu

This is something thats pretty common in the main cities in my country but i live on a small island and my local repair shop don't want the hassle of sourcing the chip thats why im currently trying to make sure that the chip that im going to buy online is the appropriate chip
Yes, I am aware of the practice. You would be better off replacing the motherboard than just swapping the GPU itself. Less risk and more likelihood of success.

Good luck. BTW, the processors you linked appear to be the same part number.

Dec 30, 2021
Yes, I am aware of the practice. You would be better off replacing the motherboard than just swapping the GPU itself. Less risk and more likelihood of success.

Good luck. BTW, the processors you linked appear to be the same part number.

Thank you for the answer, the people on the repair shop actually have said that "it might" be the same(i put it on quotation because they cant 100% confirm it) and ask me to ask for some second opinion online
While i honestly prefer to just swap the motherboard especially because i can just do it myself, but sadly I cant source for the same model in my country and i need to order it from china
I do found a motherboard for my laptop type, but its of a different model
They both hp8570p but the motherboard i found online doesn't have the amd dedicated gpu, while i dont have a problem with that im not sure if i can use that to replace my current motherboard especially because my laptop motherboard doesn't come with the cpu
So i also need to make sure that the new motherboard able to accept my old cpu
The other reason i chose to find a replacement chip that other than its widely available but also because price per chip is only arround 15usd

Dec 30, 2021
Have you looked at AliExpress for the motherboard? I am in the US and can see several offerings there. Your location may be different.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hp-8570p-motherboard.html

Yes i have searched for a bit on AliExpress and i found some compatible motherboards, but i never personally order stuff from china before thats why i want to use stuff that i can source locally first but if the chip replacement failed i will go to AliExpress to get my motherboard

Dec 30, 2021
Understood. Good luck.

Let us know how things work out.
Good news, it actually works
Im not sure how long will it survive, but at least its better than reballing it
The repair guy said i shouldn't game with it just in case, which is understandable

I wonder if the same can be done to regular pc gpu