ldegelman

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
I can't get Chrome to run either speedtest.net or speed.comcast.net (download or upload), though on the same computer these tests work perfectly under Internet Explorer.

ldegelman

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I downloaded the ComboFix software, but upon installation, it said my OS (Windows 8.1) is not supported, though it says Windows 8 is supported. Mystery there? Also, I still can't see why Internet Explorer will run the speed tests without failure. I would just like to stick with Chrome as my browser if possible because I like other features in it. Regarding malware, I've already purchased System Mechanic and ReImage Repair and run them regularly. Maybe one of them is suspect but I have no way to determine that.

ldegelman

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015
To: Iceblitzed
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I downloaded the ComboFix software, but upon installation, it said my OS (Windows 8.1) is not supported, though it says Windows 8 is supported. Mystery there? Also, I still can't see why Internet Explorer will run the speed tests without failure. I would just like to stick with Chrome as my browser if possible because i like other features in it. Regarding malware, I've already purchased System Mechanic and ReImage Repair and run them regularly. Maybe one of them is suspect but I have no way to determine that.