LetsPlayThisBro

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
I love Chrome, but Firefox looks so much better, this may not be the best place to ask, but is there a way to make Chrome, especially the fonts, look more like Firefox. I have tons of space on both sides of content in Chrome as well vs Firefox.

I need to use both because I have a couple different social media accounts which I want to be logged into at the same time.

Solution
"I need to use both because I have a couple different social media accounts which I want to be logged into at the same time."

You don't need two browsers to do that.

Just open your social media websites in separate tabs, log in to them and leave the tabs open. Switch from one to other as required.

Personally I can think of a several reasons why Chrome beats Firefox for the way I work. Don't give two hoots about the way it looks as long as it gets the job done & is reliable (more reliable than Firefox I have to say).
"I need to use both because I have a couple different social media accounts which I want to be logged into at the same time."

You don't need two browsers to do that.

Just open your social media websites in separate tabs, log in to them and leave the tabs open. Switch from one to other as required.

Personally I can think of a several reasons why Chrome beats Firefox for the way I work. Don't give two hoots about the way it looks as long as it gets the job done & is reliable (more reliable than Firefox I have to say).

Solution

LetsPlayThisBro

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015

Sorry man, I wasn't completely clear, I have 2 facebook accounts, 2 google+ accounts, 2 twitter accounts etc... I do open one of each in different tabs, but to log into two different usernames at the same time you need two browsers.

LetsPlayThisBro

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
Thing is I really like using Chrome and I just want to make it look as good as Firefox, there is just something about the way the fonts pop out better in Firefox, but I prefer Chrome, even if I log into just Chrome I'm still not fixed for making it look like Firefox. It's a visual issue more than an account logging one. We kind of got sidetracked by the dual browser bit when in fact I'd rather just make Chrome look a bit more like Firefox. Not the tabs, I like the Chrome tabs, but the fonts seem a bit better in Firefox. Maybe it's just me but that's my perception of it.

TinKicker

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Soooooo...has anyone got a relevant answer for LetsPlayThisBro's overarching request? Everyone's stuck on the duel sign-in thing, but he's stated that his core desire is to bring the Firefox look to Chrome. I agree with him that there's something that just feels...cleaner...about Firefox versus Chrome, even though Chrome is more de-cluttered. Maybe it's the spartan lines and text in Chrome that take it too far down the simple road.
Anyone got anything?
Anyone?

LetsPlayThisBro

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015

Honestly I think it's the font and font spacing in some way. Just easier to read in Firefox for me than it is in Chrome.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

No you can't. The sessions vars and cookies are all the same for a site you have open in multiple tabs. There are no branches of them for different tabs. If the site stores your login username in a cookie there is no way it can store 2 unless it's designed to store an array-like version in a variable. Same with session variables.

Only a different browser will communicate with the server via a unique session id to the other browser.