Chrome will not install

Lloydincanberra

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi all. I have seen this question on a myriad of databases and have tried every fix I can find short of throwing my laptop in the rubbish! I have an old Dell inspiron with Windows 7 and recently Chrome crashed. Since then I have uninstalled, backed up, formatted, restored , backfliped and ran naked through Canberra, and I just can not download and install Chrome. It gets as far as "launching Application" and then just stops. I have tried the standalone site as well. Now, I am not a tech minded guy so am not up with all the tech talk, so if anyone has a solution can you please be gentle. If anyone solves this for me I will give them the secret to eternal youth!!!!

Lloydincanberra

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015

Lloydincanberra

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi there. Thanks for all that. I did everything you suggested - malware scan, support sites and disabled antivirus. I got half way there - I have managed to download the chromesetup.exe file. But it just wont run!!

Dashing_star

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
Hi Lolydincanberra,
I have the same issue with xp because my antivirus blocks it... also the crashed windows did it.. i reformat my pc and install windows 7 now my problem gone..
Hope someone will give you solution..
All the best