Chromebook or Windows Tablet PC?

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Hey.

So for ages, I have always just stuck to sitting at my desktop for all of my computering needs, anything mobile, I have just used my iPhone. Both do a good job at letting me do what I need, but I am tired of having a small phone to do things online, with chromecast etc around the house or when sitting in the lounge.

So basically I want to buy a laptop/tablet to use around the house, also when I visit my parents etc. I wont be playing games on it, as my desktop is built for that, but I will be browsing the web, maybe doing some word processing on it and also using it as a main remote for my Chromecast and any other web based services, controlling my PC upstairs, streaming media from my PC and general stuff.

So i do want a laptop that I'm gonna get good use at, and ideally I want it to run well, but I am not in need of high specs.

So far I am most tempted by HP's chromebooks, they seem to look nice, have decent specs for chrome os. I am not sure if im just tempted by chromebooks as its something I have not had before, so I am unsure if I would be better off getting a budget windows 8 tablet pc or just a android tablet?

I wanna keep my budget low, as my PC is what I spend a lot of money on upgrading, so I would say a budget of around £160 to £200.

Has anyone got a chromebook or any advice on whats best for me? Its tricky looking at laptops and not thinking they all have rubbish specs because I am so use to PC configs. Like I understand a Chromebook would have lower specs as it does not need high specs, but would a windows tablet run slow on similar specs in comparison? Or will it all just seem slow because of my PC?

Thanks loads for your help!