Chromecast Adds 10 More Internet TV Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Because Amazon wants to control its own Ecosystem within Android. If they open up to full Google they will cut into their Kindle market. At least that is the conclusion most likely reached by Amazon.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Because Amazon wants to control its own Ecosystem within Android. If they open up to full Google they will cut into their Kindle market. At least that is the conclusion most likely reached by Amazon.

myndhack

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Plex is the best app they could have added. Allows you to stream files from your computer without having to open in chrome and then cast.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Hmm. So, still nothing to make Chromecast in the least bit attractive to me. I can already get Netflix on my Wii, & the other TV has a Roku with many more channels available than this.

Sorry, Google, no money from me.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
I already have the Wii, so why buy another device that already does what device #1 does, especially when I can do other things with device #1? Not to mention that, if I really need to watch Netflix in HD, the HDMI cable for the laptop was a lot cheaper than $35... & I can watch the free version of Hulu, or pull up any files on my laptop.

And $35 for 1 channel for the 2nd TV, versus the $70 for the 20+ channels currently loaded on the Roku (which is connected via HDMI to the TV) means the Roku was a much better deal.

Citizen XVIII

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
The Roku can access more content, but the Chromecast I put in our bedroom tv is the most used streaming source in the house. Using your smartphone or tablet for the remote has turned out to be ideal set-up. I've got other devices (pc, gaming console) that can stream Hulu or Netflix to our TV's, but none are as simple and efficient as the Chromecast. Not to mention, I can seamlessly switch from the TV to my tablet and back. My one gripe is that Amazon is being stingy with their video service when it comes to android, but that's on Amazon, not the Chromecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.