Classic Earthworm Jim Inches Onto iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Gameloft plans to bring Earthworm Jim HD to Xbox Live
Arcade, the PlayStation Network, and Nintendo's Virtual Console soon.
Wouldn't this have made a bigger better article to write about since it encompasses just about everyone who owns a console? You're review of the iTouch would still be valid with a proper transition.

Go Gameloft!

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Note: just for the record, Apple didn't pay for this article. I paid for the app so I could write about it because I'm a gamer, I'm a fan of Apple's iPod Touch, and Earthworm Jim is just plain sexy.
Haha, I laughed when I read this. Some commenters on here get sooooo angry any time there's Apple news posted. Thanks for letting us know it's coming to other systems too!

tessalynd

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I bet Tuan Nguyen is on his way to your house right now to slap you upside the head for validating all the responses to his article that criticize this site for covering every inconsequential piece of Apple info.

Did you know Ice-T is playing Borderlands? I find that more interesting than Kevin Parrish playing Earthworm Jim.

(Footnote: I don't actually care who is playing what. It is all inconsequential, and I'm just making a point. Now go cover some real tech news.)

Aoster87

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
[citation][nom]tessalynd[/nom]I bet Tuan Nguyen is on his way to your house right now to slap you upside the head for validating all the responses to his article that criticize this site for covering every inconsequential piece of Apple info.Did you know Ice-T is playing Borderlands? I find that more interesting than Kevin Parrish playing Earthworm Jim.(Footnote: I don't actually care who is playing what. It is all inconsequential, and I'm just making a point. Now go cover some real tech news.)[/citation]

Ya know, there is a loud aircraft (not sure what it is, its dark) flying around my very remote campus. Wonder if it really is Tuan :D

tessalynd

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]aoster87[/nom]Ya know, there is a loud aircraft (not sure what it is, its dark) flying around my very remote campus. Wonder if it really is Tuan[/citation]

Maybe, but I thought Tuan had huge bat-like wings and sharp talons...

What are the talons for?
The better to slap you upside the head with, my dear...

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
It was a great game back in the day, I almost had a heart attack when I seen the 110MB's file size then I read the part about having some of the Sega CD content. Well at least they picked the best version, they probably could have just gotten away with converting the SNES version and called it a day so its always nice when developers go the extra mile.

ZSNES FTW!

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
How is it the game is over 100 MB! The cartridge wasn't even this much actually probably over 10 times as much. I wish more developers would make a game for phones that actually have dedicated controls. Can't say I fancy having most of my screen taken up by movement keys.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]How is it the game is over 100 MB! The cartridge wasn't even this much actually probably over 10 times as much. I wish more developers would make a game for phones that actually have dedicated controls. Can't say I fancy having most of my screen taken up by movement keys.[/citation]

Because they re-made the game with better graphics from the ground up, as stated in the article. :)

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]games for phones......who cares.[/citation]

Seriously? The mobile market for games is the BIGGEST growing market for the past few years. Lots of people care. Lots.

Thanks for asking.

dupaman

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I hope the 110MB size is due to the (compressed) CD-soundtrack that was on the SE for windows 95!! The real-instrument music made the game so much better than the Genesis/Snes versions! Hooray for EWJ!

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I love the title of this article, "Classic Earthworm Jim Inches Onto iPhone." This is so cute and I can just picture it! Nice job, keep up the good work Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.