Clean install of OS on new SSD in ASUS N53sc laptop

Powermann

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
Hi. I have an ASUS N53sv laptop and i just bought a samsung evo 850 SSD that i would like to put in. I took out the old hard drive and put in the SSD. It came up in the bios. When i loaded the windows DVD and it go to the point to select a location for the OS it could not find any drives and it is asking for some driver. No driver came on the CD and i am not sure where to go from here. Most formums say that the drive should be a simple plug and play. Can you give me some pointers on how to get this problem solved. I would really appreciate it.
MGR

Solution
Windows 7 will ask for a driver if you plug anything into a USB 3 port. If you use a USB 2 port it should work

BUT, Windows 8 should work, but if you've tried all ports it may need a dvd driver.

I have no idea where you would get one from. If this is what it's looking for

Powermann

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
I am using an external DVD rom. I tired different USB ports on the laptop but same issue. Would their still be an issue since it booted from the DVD and tried to load the windows 8? if that is the case how do i get around that?

Paul NZ

Admirable
Windows 7 will ask for a driver if you plug anything into a USB 3 port. If you use a USB 2 port it should work

BUT, Windows 8 should work, but if you've tried all ports it may need a dvd driver.

I have no idea where you would get one from. If this is what it's looking for

Solution

Powermann

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
Hey....i tried another of the USB2 ports and it appears to be going through now...maybe i when i changed ports i used another USB 3....You just let my blood pressure get back to normal...i owe you big time...i appreciate the help...thanks much Paul.