Solved! Clicking sounds from laptop

lilbear46

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Hello,we just recently bought a COMPACT PRESARIO CQ57 laptop about 3 months ago brandnew. My problem is it is making a loud whirring and clicking noise in the bottom right-hand corner.I can feel it and it does it when the up and down arrows are being pushed. Not very computer smart and hoping that its not major. Any ideas to what it could be and how to fix if it can be?

Solution

I'm guessing from the "shared" comment that lilbear isn't an advanced user and shouldn't be removing the HDD from the laptop chasis. May not even have another PC to try it in. Calling Compaq would be an option though.

lilbear46

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

we bought it from walmart and no we didnt get the extended warranty. I dont use it but for only games and web surfing and mosly social networking on facebook. It is a shared computer fi that helps with a diagnosis\

inanition02

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

I'm guessing from the "shared" comment that lilbear isn't an advanced user and shouldn't be removing the HDD from the laptop chasis. May not even have another PC to try it in. Calling Compaq would be an option though.

Solution