Clinic Offers STD Test Results Over Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
One problem i see with this is that sometimes TXT messages aren’t reliable.

I know a few times i have not received a TXT someone has sent me. This could be my carrier, or the phone... Either way, TXT is unreliable.

macbook

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]A Stoner[/nom]"Dear Mr Gates, your chlamydia test results have come back positive."[/citation]

Not funny.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Sry for three replies in a row can’t edit here…

I have 2 examples:
1) I have warts or something down there… I think to myself “ im going to get me a take home test, I wonder what this might be?”

OR

2) I have warts or something down there… I think to myself “Holy FU**, 911, national emergency, rush me to the doctor!!!!”

Umm yah, #2 please

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]macbook[/nom]Not funny.[/citation]
[citation][Do you feel an online or text based diagnosis is something that clinics in the U.S. should start doing? Or do you prefer to personally go see your doctor for the results?[/citation]
considering that 90% of computers run Gates software, I thought it was quite funny. Since most online based diagnosis' are going to happen on his software.

G

"The option to have results delivered by barber shop quartet is currently in development"

*sings* "You have AIDS (not HIV but full-blown AIDS)"

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
HA! A urine test! Coming from a guy who has had an STD test a urine test sounds really nice compared to that damn swag being stuck up my... well. It's not fun and I support this idea 100%, hopefully they can test all the STDs soon like this because it would increase awareness. I know I was embarrassed as hell, and no I came up negative on everything thank god!

johnjk

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
The urine test is easily available for males and females. For women, since a pelvic exam at the same time is often necessary, they tend to just use swabs. The urine test for men is more expensive and thus why it is not offered by many free/low cost clinics. I also believe that some of the women at these clinics have hostile feelings towards men and thus do the test out of a perverse sense of revenge/retaliation.

johnjk

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
The urine test is easily available for males and females. For women, since a pelvic exam at the same time is often necessary, they tend to just use swabs. The urine test for men is more expensive and thus why it is not offered by many free/low cost clinics. I also believe that some of the women at these clinics have hostile feelings towards men and thus do the test out of a perverse sense of revenge/retaliation.

johnjk

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Oh man this is great. Just wait. Some guy/gal puts down a 3 instead of an 8 and some 11 year old kid gets a txt message informing him he has herpes.

It could get even worse. That txt message could go to a boyfriend/husband and the girlfriend/wife could pick it up, look at it, and go absolutely ape shit. Not a chance she is going to buy the line "I swear I don't have it, I didn't even get tested. It has to be a mistake." Oh man at least the make-up sex would be great when she eventually found out it was in fact bogus.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If it means more people will dare 'see' a doctor about potential illness I suppose it's a fine solution. I wonder if they'll extend the service to other diagnoses that work with urine samples though ... now that they do have the system in place.

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
So this test only checks for chlamydia? So if someone has the symptoms, takes the test, and gets negative results they don't go see a doctor. But what if they have something else, maybe something more serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.