clock speed maxing out at 1/6th of my processors capabilities please help

rory_carroll

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hello i have a dell inspirion WITH a i5 cpu-5200u @2.2ghz it has 8 gigs of ram. My issue is that for days at a time it will all of a sudden reduce its clock speed to a maximum of .48ghz and will not increase therefore I cant run my games or anything what is causeing this and how do I fix it. I am using windows 10 os this computer is also new less than 2 weeks old

Solution
Then either there is something wrong with the charger or the laptop's charging circuitry itself. If you have another charger of the same or batter rating and same plug, can try that, other than that you will have to deal with Dell again.

Some laptops come with a 12V car charger, can try that also.

rory_carroll

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Okay I have isolated the problem toit only occurs when I am running off of the ac adaptor when I unplug it, it is working at normal speeds, anyone know what causes that or why

rory_carroll

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
thanks just looked at all my setting's now when I plugged in my ac a notification is popping up stating that the power source cannot be determined and to use a dell 45w ac adapter,....but I am using the one from the factory :/ the notification also states the the computer will not charge and will run slower because of that... but yet it still charges but it does run a lot slower is something wrong with the cord ?

Then either there is something wrong with the charger or the laptop's charging circuitry itself. If you have another charger of the same or batter rating and same plug, can try that, other than that you will have to deal with Dell again.

Some laptops come with a 12V car charger, can try that also.

Solution