Close together vertical lines on left side (4 in.) of laptop screen

expreaper

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
I had a spill of koolaid this past Saturday night. After 12 hours, I turned my laptop on and this problem developed. All of the coloration is still there, but pixels are visible going down and there are light blue horizontal lines as well (all on the left 4 inches of my laptop screen). Could this be something I could go inside the laptop and repair? After I got this issue, I did not turn the laptop on again until I cleaned the inside fully with iso alcohol.

Solution
Hi,

First do identify the real cause of the said problem, here are some test you can do.
- Start by connecting an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist on it and if it doesn't that means it a problem with the built in display.
- Do open you laptop and make sure there's nothing damp or wet inside it specially on the motherboard and to the part of it where the LCD display is connected to.
- Try to unplug/replug the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work you'll need to replace the display itself since it had been damaged already.
Hi,

First do identify the real cause of the said problem, here are some test you can do.
- Start by connecting an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist on it and if it doesn't that means it a problem with the built in display.
- Do open you laptop and make sure there's nothing damp or wet inside it specially on the motherboard and to the part of it where the LCD display is connected to.
- Try to unplug/replug the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work you'll need to replace the display itself since it had been damaged already.

Solution