College laptop, For a little bit of everything

G

I'm looking for a nice laptop for college this year and need some suggestions. I do a little of everything and i am really not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. I casual game, mostly WoW and the like so i dont need to run Crysis or anything like that. I want to multitask smoothly and have a well built laptop. I've done some research but need some help.

1_What is your budget?

1200$ cheaper is better. I can go a little over, but not much.

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13-15 sounds good. Weight I guess is more important i want to lug it around campus so i need it to be comfortable. I can handle a some weight though.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

I'm not sure on a specific resolution but i would like a nice, crisp screen that isn't a pain to look at.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5_How much battery life do you need?

I want more than 3 hours, 5 would be good. I want good battery life while word processing and listening to music around campus, gaming I wouldn't really do away from a power source so I was looking up Switchable graphics and that sounds cool, i dont know much about it though

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I play some WoW so i would like medium on MMO's which i know aren't as demanding and anything else im ok with medium and even low is cool.(like with FPS and other games)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Listen to music, watch videos/movies, look at pictures, multitask, I need Microsoft office.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

i would like some room so greater then 250 gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

None really yet, anywhere reliable (Newegg, amazon...)

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3-4 years, maybe less

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM
/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD ROM/Writer, I'm fine with a usb connected drive too (with laptop not having built in drive)

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I want a well built computer and have heard Asus is nice but no specific brands

13_What country do you live in?

United States

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I can wait a month or so to get a laptop so if there are any coming out soon that fit what I'm looking for i can wait.

Thanks

G

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks ok. Looking up reviews it seems to have a bad screen and a loud fan, is that true?

Any other suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS