College Sent Out False Acceptances Due to Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
oh i experienced same thing i was so excited till i actually went there and faced a NO!!! it was an accident... But oh well im a student now :p

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
HA. I am going into my first year and I remember a few months ago I received an email from some nursing college stating my acceptance, only to get one the next day apologizing that I was not in the program(which I never applied to).

ncarlson

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Middlesex? Is this a normal UK University name? The creative side of my brain is beginning to think of alternate meanings to the word "middlesex".

ZaKa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ncarlson[/nom]Middlesex? Is this a normal UK University name? The creative side of my brain is beginning to think of alternate meanings to the word "middlesex".[/citation]

Only transgenders allowed

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
You know what, I recieved a letter of rejection for an internship once, then a month later I recieve another one congratulating me in passing the interviews. When I called in they told me it was someone with the same name as me...

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]Its not like that college is any good, so no biggie[/citation]
Only happens to be one of the richest parts of the country, so no biggie.

ryan156

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
In the context of current events in the UK, this story is even more difficult for people. With high youth unemployment their are record University applicants this year, and it's very clear many are going to be turned away. Applicants are more nervous than ever, doesn't help matters if they're being incorrectly told their getting in then told they aren't days later.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
glitches do happen, even to the best. remember the Pentium Bug, the Excel2007 bug, and recently Mark "the Turd" expense claims. somewhere lawyers are planning a class-action lawsuit for the undue anxiety and mental anguish the false acceptance caused to all these innocent kids.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]glitches do happen, even to the best. remember the Pentium Bug, the Excel2007 bug, and recently Mark "the Turd" expense claims. somewhere lawyers are planning a class-action lawsuit for the undue anxiety and mental anguish the false acceptance caused to all these innocent kids.[/citation]
Class-action lawsuits for "oh noez, i'm mentally scarred" only happen in America. In England the just get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.