Colorado Gets Its Own Physical App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcalde

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]*sigh* They're opening a store, but they're not sure how the store is going to make money?What, the hell?[/citation]

It's like the '90s before the tech boom all over again. I was once minority partner of a company with 17 corporate clients that couldn't get any funding, and there's cash available for THIS? Insane. Are we SURE it's not a prank? This reads just like an April Fool's joke other than not being April.

G

I'm Robert Reich the founder of Openspace and the store makes money by selling software, 70% goes to the developer and 30% goes to Openspace.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Robert Reich[/nom]I'm Robert Reich the founder of Openspace and the store makes money by selling software, 70% goes to the developer and 30% goes to Openspace.[/citation]
Robert, I wish you much success in your venture. I buy my software from a couple of small local stores and they have been in business for many years. I also rent videos from an independent video store in town. When the owner opened his store 20 years ago, A man from Blockbuster stopped by and warned him that he would never survive in that spot. Well, Blockbuster is pretty much gone now and his store still has long lines of customers.

deh2010

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]*sigh* They're opening a store, but they're not sure how the store is going to make money?What, the hell?[/citation]

First World Problems.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Personally, I actually kind of like the idea if they can find a way to make money.

Picture a grandmother who uses an iphone because, lets face it, they are easy to use (not a fanboy, I have thunderbolt, just telling it like it is). But for someone not up on technology, finding the RIGHT app out of thousands would be a bit daunting. Not to mention that Googling information about the best apps might bring you to an article 3 years old.

So - here comes a store that Grandma can walk into and say "What is the best cook book app". And there are people up on their knowledge that can say "well, this one just hit the market last week and it's taking the pie world by storm."

Do I think it's going to survive? Unfortunately not. Do I think it's a good idea to try? Sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS