Com Ports Missing after Windows 7 Upgrade

Hi :)

You have not got and don't need com port drivers on that netbook...

WHAT is the actual problem ?

All the best Brett :)

Lol...you don't actually expect that to work with 7 ?

You will NEED the drivers FOR THE ADAPTOR (from its manufacturer) for 7...

We used to sell those adaptors in my shops, but the speed differential plus operating system problems (like you have) made us stop selling them...

balloonpilot

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I've had no problems with it working under Windows 7 on several other systems I have so yes, I do expect it to work on this one too.

When you say OTHER SYSTEMS ...do you mean Aspire ones ? I would think not as this is a motherboard specific problem...and adaptor...

balloonpilot

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Not specifically on an Aspire but one would expect that if com ports were available on this system and com ports are available under Windows 7 under other systems that there should be a driver available to make this work on an Aspire system. This is not new hardware so it looks like a failure on someone's part to address a very common need

Although I see your point, in general... you must not forget that basically an Aspire one is NOT a Laptop ...its a NETBOOK (or kids toy as I prefer to call them...lol)

They spent as little as possible on them... (design wise)

Any decent laptop, yes, but not Netbooks...

still looking

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

What I found out after I posted the reply below,
The computer management screen is dynamic, if u do not have the adapter plugged into the machine, the serial/parallel portmay not show up under device manager. Even though you have already installed the drivers. I know you have probably found your answer, this is for any one with a similar problem.

The problem has nothing to do with it being a net book, not sure why your getting a smart ass answer. I have a system that I am looking for the answers because the option does not appear under my personal edition 7 service pack one. It should show as an option in every guide I have looked at so far, just not on my system. I will post the answer for all if I find it. Have a good day.