Comcast Accused of Starting Web ''Toll Booth''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enkidu98

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
As long as providers have what amounts to essentially a legal monopoly on service, they should be considered utilities. I really have no comparable option for broadband service. Sure I could get the phone company's DSL but it is significantly slower and wouldn't suit my needs. There is only one cable company, and they abuse this knowledge and their legal monopoly by increasing their prices in excess of inflation, providing me 'services' I didn't ask for but can not remove, and that are part of the increased cost.. and now they want to limit my access to data.

I commented elsewhere but its about time we as American Voters started telling our representatives it is 'We the People!' not 'We the legal entity defined by a corporate charter' and that this government should be designed to benefit the PEOPLE and not the incorporations.

This of course is a pipe dream, because most Americans have deluded themselves into thinking this current situation is beneficial to themselves as they have some thought they'll actually one day be part of the capitalist class and able to exploit their way to great wealth.

tsk tsk tsk.

gdcrocks

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Well get this.. my Cable Co has started to put limits on usage. There plans include a usage allowance of 100GB per month, usage beyond 100GB is billed at $1.50 per GB. When I started useing Netflix my bill was $180 for that month. I was sooo mad at them. But .. if you want to pay $100 per month then they give you 150 GB per month. They are such crooks. I had to switch to DSL. The worst part is they know that they can do this and don't care about customer service, its ALL about the money. How sad

Status
Not open for further replies.