Comcast Entering 3G/4G Wireless Data Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikrjee

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]"the package costs around $50 for twelve months"$4.17/month?[/citation]
... From Comcast? HAH! I think not. Most likely, it's $50/month for 12 months

G

Nothing Comcast does is cheap... That means you will be paying $50 a month, every month for 12 months... And then I'm sure it will go up a bunch because that was just the 'teaser' rate.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Our wireless and internet networks need a SERIOUS kick in the ass, we are so behind! These shitty companies monopolizing the market with mediocre product and high costs :(

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Yay everyones G4 service will be $98 a month!
After reading this... That article has to be a typo.
I don't believe comcast would charge so little for internet service.
I think you mean $50 a month that is a little more like comcasts pricing.

Seriously they are the most expensive cable\internet\phone provider I ever had in my whole life.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I'm on 3.6Mbps with a 6GB limit at AU$39/month (wireless broadband)

You think you Americans have it bad; come to Australia. Even then, there's still worse than us!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Comcast is ridiculously overpriced. This $50 thing is an add-on price to your normal cable bill, and it's short term, then the costs ramp up.

Internet/cable and phone in my area from comcast is about $140 a month. It's ridiculous.

G

Even if something was free you guys would find something to complain about.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]Comcast is ridiculously overpriced. This $50 thing is an add-on price to your normal cable bill, and it's short term, then the costs ramp up.Internet/cable and phone in my area from comcast is about $140 a month. It's ridiculous.[/citation]
Thats about what I pay for every cable channel and my 8mb internet service from Comcast. I woudl pay a bit more but the basic cable portion of my bill is covered in my HOA fees. In order to get the same TV package from another provider, it would cost the same, but I would have to bundle that with only 6mb service from some other DSL provider. Unfortunately, Comcast is the best and cheapest provider in my area.

[citation]Customers wanting to go full throttle at 50 Mbps on the broadband and use the 4G/3G Nationwide Service, they're looking at a hefty monthly fee of around $127 (for 12 months).[/citation]

What I really want to know is, where the hell is Comcast offering 50mb service?

Status
Not open for further replies.