Comcast losing emails

Jul 28, 2018
My Comcast account is losing emails, and is so bad it can take days of weeks to receive an email. Can anyone help? I feel totally helpless.

Jul 28, 2018
I have been on the Comcast technical support lines for at least three hours. Even they say, after looking at the logs of my transmissions- that they can see transmissions have not gone through, a "Severe Error" in their speak and cannot account for why the email, inbound or outbound, were aborted.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Neither the browser you use, nor the use of a Comcast router should have anything to do with "losing" email messages. I was asking about using a different email provider earlier.

This does not seem to be a normal issue, as described.

Does this happen on more than one device? Have you fully scanned for malware on your device(s)?

As a Comcast subscriber, I can confirm this does happen occasionally. For me it happens most often when I'm trying to email a picture from my cell (using Gmail) to my PC (Comcast). I can send three e-mails and only one will arrive.The other two MIGHT show up in a week or two.

I've not found a solution and I suspect Comcast can't find one either that doesn't entail revamping their entire e-mail system/servers.

-Wolf sends

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Odd. I have used Comcast for 2.5 years in my current residence and 4 years at a previous address, hundreds of miles apart, and have never witnessed this phenomenon. Then again, I use no Comcast equipment, always using my own (not that this should have any bearing on the outcome).

If I was of the "tinfoil hat crowd", I would think something nefarious was being conducted by Comcast to create such scenarios.:sarcastic:

To be fair, there are two sides to this equation. Either the sender fouled up of the receiver did. In my case, the sender, GMail, could have lost it. Can't blame Comcast for losing it if they never received it.

-Wolf sends

COLGeek

Cybernaut

True. Email issues, especially when sending attachments, via smart phones can be especially problematic. The issue is often the size of the attachment(s). These issues will bork up the send/receive process.

This could also be an issue from a PC using any of the normal email send/receive protocols (i.e., SMTP, IMAP, etc.). This can also include sending various file types (i.e., ZIP or executable files).

This issue, though, is that using Comcast or their equipment (if used), should have no bearing on this (short of any attachment restrictions imposed by their email servers).

Richard Svenka

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016

COLGeek

Cybernaut

While Bitdefender can't be ruled out completely as a possible culprit, it is unlikely to be the problem.

Does the loss seem to occur mostly with or without attachments? Or does it not seem to make a difference?