Comcast Rebranding Services to 'XFINITY'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Don't really care what they say, it's just trying to hide all the negativity that has become attached to the "COMCAST" branding.... Thanks entirely to their seemingly tireless efforts to earn it.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I rose by any other name.....

From what I have heard about Comcast the rose would be something that does not smell as sweet...

Anyway maybe the name change will come with better service for those stuck with it.... (I know this is just wishful thinking for my internet brethren.)

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
No, the name change means a bunch of new decals for their subcontractors to plaster on their truck and new stationary for their customer complaint center. Those costs will of course be passed along to the fertilizer customers..... I mean XFINIKY

wavebossa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]http://www.marketwatch.com/story/c [...] _news_stmpThat sums it all up. Profits are up and so is my bill! Unfortunately in this land of freedom, I have only one wired option. Not switching to buggy satellite. Love the choices here in America. F*ck Comcast[/citation]

Yes... its america's fault, blame blame

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
wanna know how they can fix there cs... remove the 40 prompts to talk to customer support and the 5+ minutes of listening to an automated system. i freakin hate calling them even with the number codes memorized i still have to listed to there bs system for entirely to long when i KNOW its not my problem

G

here's a good idea....get a satellite, i have directTV, order extra receivers for "other rooms" (free at install, extra cost to upgrade). Get a few friends to use those "other room" receivers in their house/appt (extra old dishes are very easy to acquire i got my 2 free, 1 is HD) they can't tell if the receivers are on one or 3 dishes as long as you don't plug in a phone or cat5/6 into the receivers.... split the bill, win win.... 200+ channels with lots of HD for 30 bucks a mth each

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Perhaps it is an attempt to fool the FTC into allowing the takeover of NBC.

FTC: "Allow Comcast to absorb NBC? Never! But this Xfinity company... now that's a whole different story. We certainly haven't heard years of complaints about them."

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Most rebranding is done to mask the fact that the product is itself is bad or is not evolving.

For example:

Phillip Morris->Altria
Nvidia's 8800GT->9800GT->GTS240 (or whatever it is now)

G

Phillip Morris->Altria

Is an incredibly well ran company from a business perspective.

G

My reaction..... [insert sound of crickets]. Seriously, if they think rebranding themselves will somehow erase that fact that their technology sucks harder every day and their customer service is a &*$%ing joke, then they are more delusional that we all suspected. I agree that now, instead of just hating Comcast, I can hate Comcast and Xfinity as well! Yay for me!

If it weren't for the continual degradation of my HDTV service in Comcast's efforts to keep up the the HD channel count of Directv and Dish, I would not have switched to Directv. They have done NOTHING to make me consider going back and I doubt they EVER will. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.