Comfortable Headset $100-150

h3arts

Honorable
May 19, 2013
I recently bought the turtle beach px 22 headset however, after a not very long period of time my ears and jaw start to hurt. They even continue quite some time after removing the headset.

I'm planning on some hardcore gaming which by that I mean I want good sound quality for hearing footsteps and whatnot.

Now I'm curious if I actually need a 'headset' or if I can just go with some headphones. I say this not because, I don't want to talk to people in game but, rather because, I have the yeti microphone which A) has better sound quality and B) should widen my options a bit.

To sum up, I'm looking for a headset or I suppose headphones made for those with for lack of a better term, sensitive ears. Sound quality is the second criteria. I'm looking to spend less than $150 if possible. I would be willing to spend a little more though.

Thanks in advance!

(I can use a separate microphone and a headset ingame right? Stupid question I know..)

Azrael47

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013

Very comfy though, however if in a hot room they will burn your eyes (haha)

Corsair have some reasonably priced headsets

h3arts

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Turtle beach is what I'm having the problem with though.

Ishant Dahiya

Honorable
May 14, 2013
just see this headphone once:

Sennheiser HD 518 Headphone (http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-518-Headphones-Black/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372954044&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+518+Headphone)
it is very comfortable i have played with these headphones on for 7-8 hours and extremely confortable
the bass is very good