Comfortable Headset with Glasses for $200

batpinkyman

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
Can you guys recommend a good headset for about $200? I know nothing about headsets and I'll be using this one mainly for games, movies, Youtube and such just so you know. Oh, and something really, REALLY important to me is comfort after hours. But even more important, is that is has to be comfortable for a guy who wears glasses and has a pretty big head.

Thanks

Solution
watch the language. edited.

instead of buying a headset, give thought to buying headphones and a separate microphone. some such as the dt770/880/990 or ad500x/700x/900x are super comfortable and since they have large earcups are perfectly fine for people with large ears or glasses. i've heard that the hd518/558/598 may be fine as well.

if you want virtual surround, you can use a soundcard with them to add that feature. if you want a boom style mic they make ones such as the modmic which converts any headphone into a headset.

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014
There is a YouTube Channel called "TekSyndicate", these guys pretty much tested headphones from all the price ranges, and they found that they were all terrible. They recommend that if you REALLY want quality, you should build them yourself. That same channel also has a tutorial on how to do that.

Fitting them for glasses is just a simple matter of adding spacers.

batpinkyman

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014

Building a headset? Have you ever thought of building a motherboard? No? I am NOT gonna build a <removed> headset. Isn't there like a good headset comfortable for people with glasses that's also a good quality one for $200 or so?

watch the language. edited.

instead of buying a headset, give thought to buying headphones and a separate microphone. some such as the dt770/880/990 or ad500x/700x/900x are super comfortable and since they have large earcups are perfectly fine for people with large ears or glasses. i've heard that the hd518/558/598 may be fine as well.

if you want virtual surround, you can use a soundcard with them to add that feature. if you want a boom style mic they make ones such as the modmic which converts any headphone into a headset.

Solution

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014

That kind of attitude has left people stuck with mediocre products across all the price ranges for decades. And yes I have thought about building a motherboard... would have succeeded too, already located a source of all the chips, coils and resistors but unfortunately I couldn't buy any acid for etching because it was heavily regulated in my country.

I already told you, there is no "good" headphones at any price. All you are paying for is build quality, 2.0, 2.1, 4.1, 7.1, surround sound approximation, comfort... that kind of things. And for what you get, 50 bucks might as well be $5000.

That leaves you with $150 and you can take your girlfriend out for lobster. ;)

batpinkyman

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014

Boyfriend ;) Nah jk anyways I want the XO One Headset for Xbox One because they're comfortable and sound good (for me) and they're well built and they're just $60 but Im not sure if theyll work with PC...

I already told you, there is no "good" headphones at any price.
B.S.

And for what you get, 50 bucks might as well be $5000.
there is quite a difference in quality with what you can get with $50 vs $200.

if the xo one headset is 3.5mm (looks to be, minus the odd controller attachment) then yes, with a 4pole to 2x 3pole adapter (phone headset to pc adapter).

your choice what you want to go with, just thought i'd mention one of the better sounding options for your original budget. yes, its possible to use pc headphones with xbo, you might need a small amplifier but many audiophile xbo players (or the super competitive ones) use headphones for play. the xo one should work with both (with adapter).