Question Coming from a desktop boi upbringing, need to know if the laptop I'm looking for even exists

Sep 11, 2020
I'm basically looking for something that I could: code on (using popular IDE's), do simple photo editing (using Adobe Photoshop), run games like rocket league/minecraft (60+ fps, high settings), have 30+ chrome tabs running AND I want the option to have all that shit running smoothly at the same time may the need for that ever arises.

AND, if I wasn't specific enough with my demands already, I also want it to: have the longest battery life it could, not be too heavy (3kg max), not too loud, and last me at least 3 years of college. All under budget constraints ofc.

Budget: 1200$ - 1500$

Specs I know I want:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 (4800H perhaps?) or Intel Core i7-10750H? Ryzen 7 seems better and much cheaper from what I've seen
GPU: one that runs minecraft, rocket league and cs:go with no sweat at 60+ fps, high settings
RAM: 16 GB
Storage: 512 GB SSD (at least)
Screen: 14"-15'' (1920x1080)
OS: Windows 10 (64 bits) (I don't care if it is included or not)

All suggestions are greatly appreciated, suggest away sexy hunks.
Note: if I really am asking for too much at this price range, here are the things I'm willing to compromise on from most willing to least: Thiccness, noise level, weight, battery life.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

Titan
The specs for those games point to any gaming class laptop even a lower end on in the $800-$1,000 range.

My favorite site for gaming laptops is www.xoticpc.com they have a good sorting tool and easy to compare the systems on a a few pages, as well as many customization to change RAM and drive options. Size and battey life you are not going to be getting far for those with a gaming system, if you get a small one you will have cooling issues, which leads to crashes and lower system lifespan. Either get a general use system that is slim, or just a gaming system with whatever size it happens to be.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Adrian.H Laptop General Discussion 1
Bonded007 Laptop General Discussion 1
wehilary Laptop General Discussion 0
Angellojamss Laptop General Discussion 3
Lazer9308 Laptop General Discussion 7
T Laptop General Discussion 0
SRocks281 Laptop General Discussion 0
T Laptop General Discussion 2
G Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 5