Commodore 64 Emulator Returns to App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hey, it was BASIC that made bill gates go nutz in the 70s.

For those who want it... the C64 emulator is available for FREE for Windows systems. Comes with several dozens games, including Lode Runner (A game I bought and played), tons of Demoscenes. Apparently, the $15 version has double the goodies - but they are not clear what the difference is... other than banner. Cool thing, it also includes the VIC-20, PET, +4 and even the C128 emulators (not in 80col mode). Needless to say, I forgot how to use those. ;)

http://www.c64forever.com/editions

The more interesting emulator they have is the Amiga. $10~50. $10 is the ADOS 1.3. The other versions have 1~3.x which are more functional. Apparently they used to have a free version. :(

G

Or just use Vice for most popular platforms and it's entirely free!

@Asinger93: what do you mean?

G

Man, I WISH Apple allowed stuff like BASIC interpreters. I don't need it to access the cell radio hardware or anything, I just want to be able to play Gorillas on the go! :(

NoCaDrummer

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
$49 for an emulator?!? Heck, I've got the real thing in my basement, WITH the disk drive, a tape-player, and a printer. Although it had some interesting graphics capabilities, that whole BASIC-OS thing was a pain in the ... to get disk capabilities.
Thanks, but no thanks.

diggdna

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
@Belardo I think it has to do with the comment settings, such as Positive, Neutral, and Negative.

Now regarding the C64 Emulator version 1.1
You can still enable basic and even play the games you want, it just takes a little know how. I will have all the details up on my site shortly.

Check it out at http://dna.myhostclub.com

I have already posted a Keyboard Modification for v1.0 to re-enable the Colon and Semi-Colon. I haven't yet tested the layouts on 3.1 but I will make new ones if need be.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Oh for the love of GOD ... You know how much fun I could have with my iPod Touch when I type "GO64" on its keyboard ? (Yes I remember the code... to get the 128 to go into 64 mode... Byte Me!!)

diggdna

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hey everyone, screenshots and video are up on the site.

C64.app v1.1.11 on iPhone OS 3.1.2 with custom images and games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.