Compact flash backup / file management via ipad 4

Mrt1976

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am a photographer and am after backup up files to a portable hdd in the field without having to carry a laptop around. I am hoping to do this using my ipad 4. The ipad is a 16 gb model and I frequently shoot more than this in a day. Therefore, I'd like to do this without copying everything onto the ipad as part of the process.

However, the research Ive done so far suggest that this is not possible. I'm more than happy to be corrected on this, but just in case, I have a follow up question: can I at least delete files from the compact flash using the ipad, thereby freeing up space?

Any thoughts / suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

MrT

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
An iPad or another tablet would certainly work for you, if coupled with a storage option that allows you to exceed the amount of space. A few of the good options here might be the Seagate GoFlex Satellite, Kingston Wi-Drive, G-Technology G Connect, or the Seagate Wireless Plus. These are essentially portable hard drives with short range wi-fi enabled so you can transfer your data. Definitely worth looking into. :)

Hope this helps!
-JP

Mrt1976

Honorable
May 31, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion! Are there any wired options? I may be wrong here but I'm concerned that transferring upto 64GB over wifi could take forever...

Cheers,

MrT