Solved! Compatible Bluetooth hardware for Sony Vaio VPCEB24FX??

Feb 7, 2022
I have a Sony Vaio: VPCEB24FX
I have the laptop apart, cleaning . I am looking at a piece on the motherboard that has "Bluetooth Conn" printed in it . I am curious to know which Bluetooth hardware I am able to purchase for my laptop. I tried the Sony Website and Vaio Website. I couldn't find anything. I am hoping someone with a similar laptop will help me out. Also is the CPU upgradable? Thank you for reading.

Solution
Take a picture of that slot and post is on here. Usually those are pretty generic connections like a mini PCI connector, same thing the WiFi card uses. You can probably replace the WiFi card with one that has bluetooth in it.

For the CPU, looks like it's a socket CPU, you can see what other CPUs are in the same model and wattage range of yours, but laptop upgrades are not nearly as easy as desktop ones, they are fairly often restricted in the BIOS for what they will work with and it can be pretty much a guess if something will boot in it or not.
Take a picture of that slot and post is on here. Usually those are pretty generic connections like a mini PCI connector, same thing the WiFi card uses. You can probably replace the WiFi card with one that has bluetooth in it.

For the CPU, looks like it's a socket CPU, you can see what other CPUs are in the same model and wattage range of yours, but laptop upgrades are not nearly as easy as desktop ones, they are fairly often restricted in the BIOS for what they will work with and it can be pretty much a guess if something will boot in it or not.

Solution