Complaining for Loud Noises

MagicWolf

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
Recently i started using skype more in order to talk with my friends while we are playing, it usually gets more than 5 hours before we stop the discusion. But every 10 or so minutes my friends complain of a huge background sound that i do not hear. I've checked my settings on my headset but nothing helped. I've just got them new because my old ones were the same and they could not find the problem (another story) and they've replaced it with new ones. Name is > Trust GXT 340 Gaming Headset

Solution
there are only 2 parts left.

you replaced the headsets, you don't hear the noise and everyone else on the line does.

that leaves 2 hardware places left... 1) motherboard sound card, 2) the usb port on the front of your case.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
have you tried plugging the mic into the io panel on the back of the motherboard instead of the front of the case?

if you have then i suggest the problem is likely your pc's onboard sound card. you might want to look into getting a discrete one.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
try swapping it out with one of the other usb plugs. the issue you're describing sounds like it could be a case related issue with the front panel plugs.

if that doesn't work, then yes, it might be the on board sound card.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
there are only 2 parts left.

you replaced the headsets, you don't hear the noise and everyone else on the line does.

that leaves 2 hardware places left... 1) motherboard sound card, 2) the usb port on the front of your case.

Solution