Completely disable pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2015
I have adblock and already disable pop-up in google chrome and firefox settings

but it seems it still open new window of pop-up ads

how do you completely disable/block them?

Solution
Even if you do have some form of anti-virus and anti-malware, it is not guaranteed that it will clean it up fully. No software is. I would strongly recommend thoroughly cleaning up your PC and then checking if the problem persists. It looks like you could be dealing with some form of adware.

1. Restart your PC in “Safe mode with networking.”

2. Install and run RKill to kill malicious processes and services

3. Check your Programs and features and see if there are any new recently installed programs that you don’t recognize. If there are, remove them.

4. Do a full suite scan with Malwarebytes

5. Clean up your Registry and Cached files with CCleaner

6. Restart your PC in normal mode and do an additional scan to confirm that the...
May 13, 2015

ads are not really my problem here but the damn annoying pop-up new tab window. I only want to disable pop-up tahts all
so annoying when i click a video it opens like 4-5 tabs before i play the video

Hardware Brad

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
You may have some sort of infection. Try resetting your browsers to default settings and I'd recommend downloading malwarebytes for free and running a scan. Hopefully that should resolve the tabs opening issue.

May 13, 2015

already got malwarebytes premium. ill try the resetting browser to default settings

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Even if you do have some form of anti-virus and anti-malware, it is not guaranteed that it will clean it up fully. No software is. I would strongly recommend thoroughly cleaning up your PC and then checking if the problem persists. It looks like you could be dealing with some form of adware.

1. Restart your PC in “Safe mode with networking.”

2. Install and run RKill to kill malicious processes and services

3. Check your Programs and features and see if there are any new recently installed programs that you don’t recognize. If there are, remove them.

4. Do a full suite scan with Malwarebytes

5. Clean up your Registry and Cached files with CCleaner

6. Restart your PC in normal mode and do an additional scan to confirm that the malware is gone.

After these steps, also check your browser for any malicious plugins and remove them. Reset your browser to default, and you are good to go. Let me know if this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.