Completely green / help

logan_33

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Dear All,

I would like to order a dell customized laptop and wonder what is your opinion regarding following parameters:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB,3MB L2 cache)

3072MB 800 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (1x2048+1x1024)

512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 9600M GS Graphic Card Black

Intel Pro Wireless WI-FI 5100 (802.11a/g/Draft-n) MiniCard European

I am looking for a laptop with a good graphic card, fast wireless connection and fast processor. These are in fact my main criteria.

I appreciate your response,
thanx

frozenlead

Distinguished
The notebook is okay, but one can't really say how good something is until he/she knows what it's being used for - what are you going to do with it, and what software are you going to do it with?

logan_33

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I want to use it for work on office software and in my spare time use for graphics in 2d/3d or wathing films.

I am also interested in adding a biometric fingerprint security and would like to know your opinion about this feature.

Thanks for reply

frozenlead

Distinguished
The notebook should do great for your purposes.

I use biometric security all the time on my notebook - it's convenient to use, as it doesn't require you to enter passwords, but it's also just a bit redundant; you want to have a back-up password for anything using your finger reader anyway, in case your reader (or your finger) is damaged. It's a cool feature, but for civilian use, not very meaningful.

ampedal

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
finger print spoofing is also very easy...if someone wanted to get in that bad, they could.

save the money and use a password like the rest of us =P