Computer Doesnt let me use my headsets microphone.

Mar 3, 2018
So i have been trying for a while to figure this out and i know why it doesnt let me use it i just dont know if there is a way around it besides using a USB Headset, basically im using the headphone jack in my laptop as it doesnt have an mic jack and thats why i cant use it but is there a way i can get passed that and use my headsets mic while its plugged into the audio jack. i am still awaiting my USB headset idk when i get it but i need my mic on this headset to work... Any ideas?

Solution
sounds like it's a TRRS jack in the laptop, double check your model and make sure that's the case. If so, just get a TRRS adapter like this one it will allow you to use the mic as an input.

You can also get a USB sound card like this one will effectively be a USB headset converter for your analog headset.
sounds like it's a TRRS jack in the laptop, double check your model and make sure that's the case. If so, just get a TRRS adapter like this one it will allow you to use the mic as an input.

You can also get a USB sound card like this one will effectively be a USB headset converter for your analog headset.

Solution