Computer is freezing on startup

Kryas

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
I've been having a problem with my desktop. Lately whenever I start up my computer it freezes after it gets to the desktop for a few minutes. I have steam, and when it launches it usually signals the freeze. However, I've disabled it on the startup and it still freezes. It doesn't freeze in safe mode. Please help

Solution
Go to msconfig then under startup tab disable all. Under processes tab, click the box to hide windows files then disable all. Restart then let me know if that fix the issue

gwapito

Estimable
Sep 18, 2014
Go to msconfig then under startup tab disable all. Under processes tab, click the box to hide windows files then disable all. Restart then let me know if that fix the issue

Solution
Let's do some basics:

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Download Malwarebytes do a full system scan (AV doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and go to www.filehippo.com and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda and do a full system scan - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.
Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your idle temps / specs

Open Computer, Can Air dust out the bunnies and use paint brush on the vents, coolers, fans, etc.

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.