Solved! Computer is hooked up to monitor with HDMI to VGA adapter... Can I have audio or....?

Aug 1, 2020
My monitor only has 1 hdmi port, which my console uses.

So, to be able to use both computer/console on monitor without changing cables everytime, I bought a HDMI adapter to VGA.

Is there any chance that I can get audio with that adapter? I've heard VGA ( aka d-sub) doesn't support audio but im not sure.

I have speakers plugged into monitor and usb end for power plugged into computer.

What do?

VGA doesn't support audio so that makes connecting your speakers more complicated. If the VGA input has an analog audio input associated with it you could use that for PC audio. You will need an additional cable and have to make sure that it's selected as you audio device.
Rather than an HDMI to VGA converter I might have suggested an HDMI input selector instead. Your speaker hookup stays the same and potentially better video quality when you use your PC.

VGA doesn't support audio so that makes connecting your speakers more complicated. If the VGA input has an analog audio input associated with it you could use that for PC audio. You will need an additional cable and have to make sure that it's selected as you audio device.
Rather than an HDMI to VGA converter I might have suggested an HDMI input selector instead. Your speaker hookup stays the same and potentially better video quality when you use your PC.

Aug 1, 2020
Would this input selector add any additional input lag? Same question could be asked about the HDMI to VGA adapter now that I think about it.

Thank you very much!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
FirstLast1234 Audio 8
I Audio 2
jtk2515 Audio 6
J Audio 4
C Audio 4
K Audio 1
J Audio 5
A Audio 1
D Audio 6