Question Computer keeps freezing when i plug in USB devices

Andre Skibenes

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Hello.

I have a desktop, but i couldn't find any other thread where this seemed relevant

Everytime i plug in a USB device to my computer, it freezes 3-4 times for 10-15 seconds each time. If I'm in a game i get disconnected, and the audio still remains, but the microphone cuts.
Anyone that can help me with this?

Thanks

Desktop questions are more suitable for the TomsHardware site. Check for a BIOS and chipset update from the motherboard vendor. Are you connecting things directly to the computer or though some USB hub? Happens on all the ports with various devices as well? Try unplugging everything and connecting things one at a time to see if some device is faulty and causing the issue?

Andre Skibenes

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Desktop questions are more suitable for the TomsHardware site. Check for a BIOS and chipset update from the motherboard vendor. Are you connecting things directly to the computer or though some USB hub? Happens on all the ports with various devices as well? Try unplugging everything and connecting things one at a time to see if some device is faulty and causing the issue?
The BIOS update worked for me, thank you very much.

TRENDING THREADS