Computer monitor

Scott_J

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I was wondering if there is some software that anyone knows of that can run on one computer and monitor another for the purpose of finding out why a computer is crashing, this is over the network and I don't mind atm what resources it takes. my computer is crashing but not blue screening and I have ran tests on hardware and re-installed windows. as it is a crash windows isnt reporting any problems other than it did not shut down properly and am running out of ideas.

Scott_J

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
its random, can be a couple of hours apart to an entire day, 1 crash a day to 3 or 4, not doing anything special at the time, as such I have not found any pattern

I have also looked over windows reliability history, all it shows is that the system did not shut down properly, the full issue can be found at http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/340812-13-crashing-stability

this was just an idea on the side to see if there was software to help my troubles instead of spending the next week troubleshooting.

thanks for the help, if you have any more information or ideas please post them in the other thread otherwise this would just become a duplicate thread almost.

Scott_J

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
windows freeze, have to press the reset button, audio repeating the last 1/10 of a second sound

usage ranges from multi tasking on everything eve online, team speak, winamp, photoshop, 3ds max, UDK and also running nothing at all and everything in-between.

Scott_J

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
single gpu, might take half the ram out at this rate however as memtest showed no errors on 2 passes I doubt this is the issue.