Computer not playing audio through 3.5mm

Scrotation Marks

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
About 6 months ago I encountered problems with my computer that I felt were beyond my expertise so I bought it into a computer shop, they repaired the problems and my computer was in perfect working order. Except my audio doesn't work, it works through USB because I have a USB headset and that works fine but when I try plugging in my headphones to listen to some music it doesn't work at all. Realtek and windows detect that a device has been plugged in so I select headphones and bam. Nothing. I have opened up my case and checked that the audio chord has been plugged into my motherboard and such. has anyone else had this issue?

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
Headphones: Audio Technica ATH M50x

(I have updated my Realtek software so I am certain it is the latest version)

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
This can be related to either the driver installation, or a hardware issue such as the 3.5 mm port going bad.

If a reinstallation of the driver does not work, and checking in the software that nothing got muted, then I would get a new sound card that will bypass the issue.

shivababbli

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
open playback devices from sound settings and try to set the 3.5mm headphone as default

if you are connecting to the front slot, then check for a setting in realtek hd audio manager, in the right panel you'll see a icon like a folder(when you hover your mouse over it will display connector settings) click on it. In the dialog box check the disable front panel detection.

Scrotation Marks

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014

I uninstalled and re-installed my Realtek drivers, still nothing. Realtek is constantly popping up in my notifications area saying that I have un-plugged and plugged in a device over and over again. This seems like an error with my front panel audio but plugging it directly into my motherboard doesn't help at all.

You can see in this image even though my headphones are plugged in it only plays audio through my monitor:
klOI0In.png

Here is a picture of my audio devices:
dxe8m0S.png

Is that any use to you? I'm kinda a noob at PC audio

TRENDING THREADS